I have over a week under my belt since starting this “mental toughness” project. When I complete it in September I will share all that I’ve learned, progress, and exactly what I’ve been doing. But for now, I wanted to share a few tidbits on what I’ve come to realize in the last week.
- I waste a lot of time. The certain things I’ve HAD to get done to do this have made me learn to prioritize it better.
- I can do hard things.
- I was super addicted to sugar.
- Said sugar/caffeine gives me a lot of brain fog.
- I feel and sleep so much better when I work out.
- I’m not as mentally tough as I thought it was. This project takes discipline. I’m excited to see what is to come in the next 8 weeks.
- Wear the shorts and wear the tank tops. Life is to short to care about what other people think of your body. You do YOU. If you like it, rock it sister. (coming from someone who’s terrified to wear tank tops in front of others)
- It’s ok to treat yourself and eat things you love. But you need to find balance. I’m teaching myself healthy moderation.
- Some people won’t understand why you’re doing this. That’s ok. Show up for yourself and they will see why eventually.
- Quit putting what you can do or start today off until tomorrow. You might not have tomorrow OR you’ll wish you would have started when tomorrow turns into a year from now.
It’s amazing what you can do in a week. Those small changes and discipline lead to bigger things.