2017 is finally here. I know many of us where opening the door and ushering 2016 on it’s way. There was a lot of messy last year. And when I mean messy, it was hard to scroll through Facebook without getting flustered at something ridiculous. With the election, Zack and I losing four family members between the two of us, more loss, stress, and just plain ugly coming out of people, my head was spinning on the daily. I had to make the choice to disregard all negativity and just put my hope in God’s plan and purpose in the big things but especially the little things that made me uncomfortable and uneasy. It was something that I learned a lot about last year and its been a good, healthy change for me.My word for 2016 was intentional and as I reflect on simple ways I changed to be more intentional with my time, husband, kids, social media, etc. it truly made a huge difference. I really worked on shifting my focus of being home more and less at the store. I let go of trying to do all the things and hired more help which was a huge blessing. When I was home, I was home. No screen time in front of Paisley and Scout, we worked on doing more things as a family and really spent quality time together. We only have our kids for so long and the time we have is precious. No one outside of my home is more important (regarding answering emails, questions on social media, things that can wait, etc.) than my bunch and I will continue to implement this more in 2017.
I love a fresh clean slate. A blank sheet to start over on and learn from the year(s) before. I have so many hopes and dreams for this new beginning and my outlook this year is very positive, despite the setbacks that will come. With that being said, my word for 2017 is…
This year, my focus is more on the important things. First and foremost, I was to pursue my relationship with God more than I ever have. Nothing in this world is more important and I truly want to learn more than I ever have about Him, who He says I am, and what His plans and purposes are for me. I want to pursue my health and becoming a better me physically. I want to pursue my husband more. I want to spend more quality time, going on dates more often, and having a few getaways a year. I want to pursue my children more by being more intentional with our time, doing fun and creative things, being messy, teaching them things, and loving them fiercely. I want to continue to pursue our relationships with our friends. Last year starting Supper Club was one of the best ideas we’ve had and truly life giving for us. We weren’t seeing our friends enough and to make a point each month to get together has been a tremendous blessing in our lives. And lastly, I want to continue to pursue my dreams of Farm Girl. I have so many ideas but fear tends to creep in and put them on hold. Praying for God’s guidance and provision in the next steps for this little store.
- To live in the presence of the Lord. Seeking and pursuing Him more than ever before.
- Bring joy and serve my husband more. Loving and listening, focusing less on my own needs.
- Be a more patient and loving mom. To help shape my kids to the plan God has for them, not my own.
- Continue to work hard on Farm Girl and establish a permanent place for this business. Going for my dreams.
- Become a healthier me. To not give up and be frustrated.
- Finish 4 major home projects. The kitchen and living room cosmetic updates. Porch revamp. Finish our room and bathroom.
- Cook more. Less eating out and more around our table.
- Live slower. Planning fun adventures but being home more during the week.
- Go on a Supper Club vacation. We have one planned in the fall!
- Finding ways to serve our community more through my business.
I’m so excited to see what all comes from this year and plan to put in just as much in as I want out of it. Have a blessed and happy 2017!