1. We spent the weekend napping and I basically napped ALL DAY since we finally got rain! Rain? What’s rain? Yes, it really happened and praise the Lord it did! I am loving these cool temps and we all needed the rest. Come on fall!
2. Then came Sunday. Paisley woke up with red puffy eyes, a congested chest, and a cranky “I don’t want to sleep” attitude. She caught her first cold and the poor muffin didn’t sleep all night. I felt terrible and about nothing could soothe her. I called in to work on Monday and on to Urgent care we went because her Pedi couldn’t get her in. Turns out it was just allergies and a small bug but I think being her first week of daycare last week, she was bound to pick up something. With some vapor rub, benedryl, warm bath, and lots of sleep, she woke up with a smile today. There’s our Pai Pai! :) I, however, wasn’t smiling much this morning. Guess who caught the bug? Yep, mama. I would rather me have it though than her so I don’t mind just wish this stupid sore throat would go away!!!
3. If you don’t follow me on instagram than you haven’t seen Paisley’s new awesome trick.
Saturday morning I had her laid back and propped up on some pillows on our bed and out of know where she pulled herself up and just sat up like “hey Mom look! I’ve been doing this forever.” Little stinker! Pretty sure it was the most exciting thing that’s happened all week and I think it’s so darn cute!
4. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve put a “What I’m Reading” gadget on the blog to share my current reads with you! Black Heels to Tractor Wheels is by Ree Drummond. Many of you may have her cook books that I LOVE! She is from Oklahoma as well so I may be a little biased but I think she is hysterical! Love following her on twitter and her blog/website is fabulous!
5. So I caved and followed the crowd by reading The Hunger Games a couple of months ago. I was super surprised by how awesome it really was. Now, I do not think it is OK to have your fifth grader read it but it truly is an awesome read. Which leads to another thing we did this weekend, we watched the movie. Usually after I read a book and then watch the movie, the movie is usually a huge let down but this movie was great at capturing how I imagined this book in my head. I’m a hard core Katniss fan now. And, I dig her bow skills and braid.
6. House business is sooooo slooooowwwwww. You know that light at the end of the tunnel people see? Well, I don’t even see a tunnel.
7. My husband is a rock star at making me feel better. He let me come home and take a THREE hour nap, woke me up and went to get me some french onion soup from Applebee’s, and is about to run me a bubble bath. Love him so.
8. I am now an It Works Distributor and selling the skinny wraps! I don’t feel like giving the whole spill on this stuff so you can read up on it on my website, https://kenzieashcraft.myitworks.com/home I have wrapped once and you are supposed to measure in three places before and after you wrap and I lost a total of 12 INCHES! It’s a great way to help kick start your workout and way to weight loss and more than anything my skin feels so much better because these wraps also work as a detox! Let me know how I can help you lose inches and you are always welcome to order from my site! :)
9. I know Paisley’s birthday is months away but I am wanting to start getting things for it. Her theme is Minnie Mouse. I can’t decide if I want to do the pink and black or the original red white and black. What do you think?
10. What are some things you like to read about or why do you follow certain bloggers? I am still quite new to this stuff so input is welcome!