Happy Thursday, everyone!
Nursing school is going great so far! Day 3 starts today and
I am overwhelmed but excited.
I can’t tell you about much of anything that goes on due to confidentiality reasons and mainly because they have scared the poo out of me on how easy it is to lose your license. However, I would love to share with you some of my highlights and whatnot on the simple things that have gone on at school.
- Instead of books, we got iPads with “ALL” of our books downloaded onto them. The iPad was included in our tuition which I thought was pretty awesome. Unless you are a previous or current nursing student, than you don’t know how many books that is and what a blessing an iPad can be. #teamnosuitcase
- I bought my first stethoscope yesterday (pictured above and below) which made this whole experience more surreal.
- School breaks……….enough said.
- My first set of clinicals start in about 3 weeks so I am really excited about that. We order our sets of scrubs on Friday!
- I am so thankful for a supportive husband that is pushing me through this. Also thankful for a test dummy. ;) (I like to joke with him about having to poke him with needles)
- I get to go to through this with my sweet friend. Can’t thank Jesus enough for opening this door for the both of us to walk through together. Hello to many study sessions, family dinners, and late nights together. Our husbands are basically brofriends when they are together so it is all good. We have been carpooling all week so that helps us on gas as well.
- We are back into a normal routine. I know that at times it is going to be really stressful and not enough hours in the day but hallelujah we do have some sort of schedule! I may write a day in the life post soon.
I also had to buy my bandage scissors which are the purple ones above.
I’m not kicking and screaming yet but I am sure those days are just around the corner. I am really interested in what I am doing and have already learned a lot. LOVING all of this knowledge and the fact that I am going to help others someday.
Thank you so much for continuing to read and follow my blog. I appreciate your support so much!
Also? I love it when this stinker sneaks in our bed. Snuggling extra close to my baby. :)
Hope you have a great day! The weekend is almost here!