This weekend I finally whipped out my Solly Baby Wrap to give it a try. I bought this in hopes that I would actually use it–I’ve seen dozens of moms swear by it but I thought it was just another fad. We had bought Paisley one to wear so we could match and once I tried mine on she had to go get hers. :) She loves being a little momma.
Let me just say, baby wearing is the real deal. It’s your extra set of arms you always need. I didn’t think Scout would enjoy it but she goes right to sleep when she’s fussy and I need to get things done. She’s nestled in it as I’m typing. I can seriously multitask like nobody’s business. I had bought it mainly to wear at Farm Girl since Scout goes with me but I will be using it just as much at home.
I know there are many carriers out there but I really enjoy this one for three reasons:
- It isn’t hot. I know a lot of carriers have thick material. I feel like 99% of the time I am sweating as it is with caring for a baby and chasing a toddler. I don’t feel like I’m wearing a back pack.
- It’s comfortable-like wearing clothing. It’s super flexible and there are many ways you can wrap for comfort with baby.
- She can grow with it. Like mentioned above, there are many ways to wrap with Solly. As they get older you can wrap differently. They have great tutorial videos on how to wrap correctly depending on age. I watched this one during my first time wrapping and got it down in no time.
JUST A FEW REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD WEAR YOUR LITTLE ONE IN A SOLLY BABY WRAP:
- It’s one of the best and easiest ways to promote bonding with your baby and can even help reduce postpartum depression.
- It’s a lifesaver! It gives you your hands back while keeping your baby close.
- Helps to calm even the fussiest babies, especially babies with reflux or gas. A study found in Pediatrics found that wearing your infant 3 hours a day reduces infant crying by 43%!
- Solly Baby Wraps provide a womb-like environment for baby that makes them feel secure, safe, and comfortable.
- Solly Baby Wraps distribute the weight evenly all over your upper body so it won’t tug on your shoulders or back and it naturally distributes baby’s weight correctly as well, without putting extra pressure on baby’s joints and spine like most carriers do.
If you’ve been on the fence about Solly, I highly recommend getting one. It’s worth every penny. They fold up nicely to throw in the diaper bag or your purse and easily clean up in the washing machine.
I will continue to update our wearing adventures as she gets older to share with you. For general questions go to their website. When I was researching they had great information and answered all of my questions. They have cute colors and patterns-mine is the Marsala. :)
**This is not a sponsored post by Solly Baby. All opinons are my own.